Blogger Layouts

Sunday, February 5, 2012

"I AM LOVED"


As we go through life, and hard times hit, we often wonder, “AM I LOVED?” We all struggle with “Who am I, what am I doing, why am I here?” from time to time. In the unforgettable talk given by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf at the Relief Society General Meeting September 24, 2011 titled, “Forget Me Not”, we were reminded that “I AM LOVED”.

Never Forget. . .

To be Patient and Compassionate with yourself.

"I want to tell you something and I hope you will take it the right way. God is fully aware that you and I are not perfect," he said. "Let me add: God is fully aware that the people you think are perfect are not."

Some sacrifices are better than others. (Learn to prioritize and not over-do)

"Our Heavenly Father is most pleased when we sacrifice something good for something far greater, in an eternal perspective. Sometimes, that may even mean nurturing small but beautiful forget-me-not flowers instead of a large garden of exotic blooms.”

You don’t have to wait for a “Golden Ticket” to be happy.

"So many people today are waiting for their own golden ticket — the ticket that they believe holds the key to the happiness they have always dreamed about. For some, the golden ticket may be a perfect marriage; for others, a magazine-cover home; or perhaps, freedom from stress and worry. The happiest people I know are not those who find their golden ticket; they are those who discover and treasure the beauty and sweetness of the everyday moments."

The “Why” of the Gospel will inspire and uplift you.

"My dear sisters, the gospel of Jesus Christ is not an obligation; it is a pathway, marked by our loving Father, leading to happiness and peace in this life and glory and inexpressible fulfillment in the life to come. We understand why our Heavenly Father has given us this pattern for living, when we remember why we committed to making it a foundational part of our lives, the gospel ceases to become a burden and, instead, becomes a joy and a delight. It becomes precious and sweet."

And most importantly,

Your Heavenly Father knows, loves and cherishes you!

"Sisters, wherever you are, whatever your circumstances may be, you are not forgotten. No matter how dark your days may seem, no matter how insignificant you may feel, no matter how overshadowed you think you may be, your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you. In fact, He loves you with an infinite love."




No comments: